Sunday, July 26, 2009

Globond Code of Conduct – The heart of the matter

After years of interaction with Globonders and Friends of Globond (FOG), we have nailed down specific behaviors and habits that benefit all of us and make us unique. As Globonders and Friends, we share uncommon values that connect us together and make us ethical, world-changing team players. By maintaining these values, we move each other forward and attract new members along the way who are moved by our example.

We at Globond are extremely excited because we are getting more and more extraordinary people around us all the time! These folk already respect a system of ethics naturally, without thinking about it most of the time. But we felt we had to codify these principles into a Code of Conduct so that everyone would understand what being a Globonder really means.

No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. It is the striving to be your best and admitting when you make a mistake that shows a person’s true character. Nothing more can be expected of someone than their best. When one has doubts as to what that is, there is the Code to remind them of the right thing to do in a given situation.

One example of an exceptional person is a Globonder who left a secure job he had held for four years and with lots of fringe benefits. The business relationships in his company, however, lost their focus and he witnessed some questionable behavior. As soon as this became clear, he stepped away from the secure money, left the company and took on a new position with more risk but with the chance to make a bigger impact and to do a lot of good. Another amazing person we met is a FOG now in the process of becoming a Globonder. He made millions of dollars from a company he helped to create, but sees that his partners have left behind their grand vision to contribute to a better world and instead follow the anything-for-money path. So, he has decided to leave and to start again from scratch. We have put together a 30-60-90 day plan for him and cannot wait to get started.

The Globond Code of Conduct below reflects the high values to which we have alluded above. We proudly present the Code for your approval. If you think we missed anything, please feel free to make suggestions.

Best regards,
The Globond Team

Globond Code of Conduct: Globond Is You

All members will receive a version of the Code of Conduct to fully and carefully read, sign and date it, and return it to the Team.

As a Globonder, here is what we ask you to agree with:
  1. I will listen to the advice of the Globond Team with an open heart and mind and a willingness to apply it to the best of my ability.
  2. I will generously share my network of friends with other Globonders and management in order to create a stronger Globond network of business partners.
  3. I will keep management informed of my correspondence by a cc on emails, etc. with people to whom the Team introduces me for the purpose of achieving my goals.
  4. I will seek the Team’s assistance with any difficulties I may have with other Globonders or in business relationships connected to Globond in any way.
  5. I will take 100% responsibility for my actions, admit my mistakes, and be willing to forgive others. I realize that by taking 100% responsibility, I am the creator of all things in my life.
  6. I will give more to get more. I come from a place of abundance that I am willing to share – contacts, information, etc. – in order to stay in the flow of that abundance.
  7. I will see all new Globonders as like-minded individuals and will generously share my contacts and experience to create a larger Globond network.
  8. I will operate in 100% integrity, and be open to course corrections when I’m not.
  9. I will be open to positive and constructive feedback from the Team.
  10. I will respect the humanity of diversity by honoring everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation and political views.
  11. I will share my successes by writing them for the Team, who will share them with other Globonders and the world.

The Globond Team reserves the right to suspend membership rights to any individuals who do not behave according to this Code of Conduct.

No comments: