I hope that you all had as relaxing, enjoyable and productive (yes it is possible to work and play at the same time!) a holiday as I did. Mine was spent in warm and sunny Florida where Chris' parents and my dad and his wife live, within a 2 1/2 hour drive of one another. In between games of pinochle, family gatherings and longer sleeps than usual, I took the time to reflect on 2008 and plan for 2009. Each of you will be getting an email in your box today with a list of things that you can do in order to get the most out of your membership and enable Globond to leverage you and your talents, experience and contacts to their maximum potential. Please take time to open and read that email and let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise I am going to expect you to just "get it done"!
Ok now before I end today's blog with Globond's resolutions and predictions for 2009, I would like to introduce you to a new member of the Globond team. Lisa Reed has agreed to join us as my Executive Admin. Lisa will also be in charge of day to day customer support and will be the go-to woman for help getting you on the website, Facebook, Twitter, etc. and for helping us make sure we are taking proper care of you. You can reach Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her anytime at +1 321 422 9256. Ok now for my Resolutions and Predictions for 2009.
Globond's 2009 New Year Resolutions
1. Keep Our Priorities Straight...God, family and then Globonders!
2. Do a video for Globonders and post a blog once each day to give Globonders a reason to visit the website
3. Know who the Globonders are and what you want, striving continually to help you get where you want to go with less time and effort, more fun on the way!
4. Celebrate our Globonders and your accomplishtments to each other and the outside world
5. Find and maximize opportunities for Globonders in a way which stretches you individually and grows Globond as an organization and community
6. Always tell the Globonders what we really think and what we believe you need to hear as opposed to what you want to hear
7. Maintain privacy and trust with our members, giving you a place where you feel safe to be yourselves.
8. Engage in the world around us, participating and impacting the global transformation taking place in a measurable and meaningful way.
9. Count our blessings and treasure every moment of every day.
10. Go to the gym 6 days a week (ok this one is personal and my own resolution but if Barack Obama can fit it in, so can I and making it public here will ensure my follow-through)
Globond predictions for 2009 (The predictions below are very bold but based on firm conviction and supported by our knowledge of the capacity and track record of the Globonders mentioned)
1. James Peck's algorithm will be proven to work and will start to revolutionize transportation in various sectors
2. Etsko Schuitema and his work on Intent and Leadership will get the attention and credit he deserves in the US media, academia and even by the new US Presidential Administration. Business Leaders will study and apply his insights.
3. Leong Ying will get media attention and start to have successful debate events over his Proof of God (Universal Laws of Thermodynamics)
4. Jacqueline Wales' latest book "The Fearless Factor: Thriving Beyond the Jungles of Life" will be a best-seller, as will Al Secunda's next book (do not know the title yet)
5. Julie Dennis will sing the soundtrack for a motion picture, possibly for a James Bond movie!
6. Ravi Srinivasan's new company ProCompare will get the funding it needs
7. Dr. Dan will get a new major professional athlete as a client and be able to talk about it :-)
8. Yusuf Ole Petenya's Maasai women will make sandals and bags that will be worn by Michelle, Malia and Sasha Obama.
9. Marjorie Rothstein will get Boomer Babes launched to great fanfare
10.Tashka Yawanawa will get his fashion line relaunched with the endorsement of a major fashion celebrity.
11. Philip Berry will end 2009 with his brand-new company on the verge of profitability and with a nice portfolio of blue-chip clients
12. Samia Bahsoun and her Tectonic Leadership will start to become a household name and be recognized by thought leaders and in the media. She will finish a book.
13. Tung Bui will get his break as a martial arts actor in a major film, though the part may be a small one to start
14. Dahn World will enter Brazil officially and with lots of media and other attention!
15. Globond's Tectonic Leadership Summit will be a HUGE success
16. At least one Globonder will appear on Oprah
17. The dysfunctions in our world systems of finance and government will complete their process of total collapse. Out of the ruins we will help to create a new world order and a strong foundation laid for the new systems which will take place of the old.
18. We will continue to see the glass as half full
19. Continue our work with Etsko Schuitema to mature and develop our Benevolent Intent and the Care and Growth Model of Leadership. This means to give everyone and everything their due and to get in order to give.
Globonders' To-Do List
We request each Globonder to:
1. Go to the Globond website at least once a day
2. Maintain close and frequent communication with Globond regarding your goals, accomplishments, disappointments, etc. so we can help you continually progress
3. Read the email you will receive today, January 5 and do what we ask of you to the best of your ability.
4. When in doubt get in touch with us!
5. Think big and give your dreams the benefit of your doubts, dismissing the doubts as saboteurs and sending them away.
6. Treat all Globonders as trusted friends because they are. If you have any experience that causes you to think otherwise, call Kirstin.
7. Have fun!